This is a two day course (16 hours) open to members of Scouting only.
The advanced first aid course is designed to introduce a systematic way of advanced first aid for managing casualties. Topic learning and practicals intermixed with scenarios of real situations. The course includes:
- Development of skills gained at emergency level
- In-depth review of emergency care topics • shock management • longer term care
- Advanced techniques • skills • use of additional equipment
- Review of special interest topics by the candidates
Timing 8:15am to 5:30pm both days.
This course satisfies the requirements set out for most BCU, RYA, CLA and MLTE awards for first aid provision. 16 hours of tuition and ongoing assessment. Also meets Scout Association requirements for Module 10.
The cost of the course is:
- £80 for members of Hertfordshire Scouting
- £90 for out of county Scouters
The email you are sent will show the price as £80 but please pay the amount shown above. Your place on the course will only be confirmed once payment has been received. For details on how to pay please contact Hertfordshire County Office on 0208 236 0040 or pay by BACS.
Account Name: Hertfordshire Scouts – Training
Account Number 90696013
Sort Code 20-20-37
Please use REC 4 – Your Name as reference
Camping is available for anyone with a valid DBS. For more details please contact the campsite directly.
Book your course online...
Hurry! There are only 2 places remaining!