You will have seen the news that the Scout Association has moved its COVID-19 alert status to Amber. This means that for scouting in Hertfordshire you can now organise COVID-19 safe face-to-face activities outdoors only with a maximum group size of 15 subject to the below and the risk assessment sign offs at the appropriate level.
Please note that:
- Leaders, Young Leaders and Carers need to be included in this maximum group size number (No exceptions)
- No young person or adult can move between different groups of 15 on the same day.
- This is for all Sections except for Scout Network, as the rules cover under 18s only. Scout Network must follow the same rules as adults in social settings – Government guidelines still apply.
- No face to face activity can take place until you have done all the preparations to ensure a safe return, and these written risk assessments and plans have been approved locally.
- Residential activities and international trips are not currently permitted.
- Read all the guidance and steps that need to be taken before any face to face activity can resume. Find the guidance and steps HERE.
There is no rush through to go to face to face scouting – Let’s get it right in the time that is needed to do so. We have plenty of time. We also need to be aware of our adult volunteers and our young people that are still shielding – don’t forget our values of Scouting for All so involving them in what is happening is absolutely important.
Good luck and thank you for all you continue to do. Where we can, let’s carry on scouting online And in our bubbles over the summer Period where you can.
The first port of call is always your line manager and then your DC but as always we’re here to help so please let us know how we can.