At Hertfordshire Scouts Activity Centres, the health and safety of our customers and staff is vitally important. We are aware of the concern around coronavirus (covid-19) and are following guidelines set out by the Government and NHS. We are also implementing extra steps to help protect our customers and staff.
We have followed the governments guidance to educational settings which you can read here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19
By following these steps, we can all help stay healthy and our centres will continue to operate as normal.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds especially before and after activity sessions and meal times. All our hand soap provided is antibacterial.
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available at your campsite.
- You can help by wiping down your areas/equipment before and after use.
- Cleaning teams remain vigilant and frequency will be increased. Our robust cleaning rotas will be reviewed.
- Focus on cleaning door handles and touch points will be stepped up.
- Along with the increased frequency of kit cleaning from our site teams, blue roll and cleaning spray will be made readily available to wipe down kit after/before activity sessions. Where necessary, the instructor will support this by finishing a few minutes early/start a little later to do this – we hope you understand the reasons why we have implemented this.
- Carry tissues to catch coughs and sneezes. Bin the tissue immediately and wash your hands.
- Keep up to date and continue to follow government and NHS guidelines and monitor what extra steps we can all take. Any updates to this notice will be released on our websites
- Tell us immediately if you suspect someone has become unwell whilst at the centre or tested positive for COVID-19. We will act upon the guidance of Public Health England and implement any recommendations they make under their location specific risk assessment.
- Do not visit our centres if you are unwell.
- Do not visit us if you have travelled to a high risk area in the last 14 days.
Check out the latest updates on specific countries that have been affected be coronavirus – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-specified-countries-and-areas/covid-19-specified-countries-and-areas-with-implications-for-returning-travellers-or-visitors-arriving-in-the-uk
If you are concerned about your health please follow the government advice. The latest Government advice is available – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
Chair – Activity Centres Management Committee
Download: HCSC Customer Notice CV19 march 2020