What exactly does the event entail?
It is a life-sized version of the popular game taking place in London. Visit all the places on our Monopoly board, taking pictures around London and answering questions to gain Monopoly money to win the game. Pick your team, choose a costume, find your mascot and get ready for the challenge! Don’t forget to share your exploits on Facebook and on Instagram using #hertsscoutsmonopoly.
Who can enter?
The challenge is open to all Explorer Scouts and Scout Network members.
How much will it cost?
It costs £10 per person for admission, which includes an event scarf, event badge, team packs and refreshments at the end of the challenge.
In addition each participant will need to purchase a London Travelcard. The Travelcard allows unrestricted access to London. You can use them on bus, Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and most National Rail services within London.
Where do I start and what time?
Registration is between 8.30am-09:30am at City Temple Church and Conference Centre (Holborn Viaduct, Holborn, London EC1A 2DE (near City Thameslink or Farringdon Station)). There is no parking and you’ll be expected to get to the start using public transport. Please arrive at the start as a team.
You have six hours to complete the challenge and return to the City Temple Church and Conference Centre. By 4pm everyone needs to be back and we will provide refreshments, music and the important results! We aim to finish by 5pm.
What else do we need to know?
- There is a maximum of six members per team and a minimum of four. If you are short, let us know and we can help you join with other units.
- You will need at least two smartphones per team, fully-charged with sufficient mobile data remaining to run our team tracking app and to upload photographs.
- Your team mascot must be in every photo.
- Pirate themed outfits are encouraged.
- Teams must stay together during the whole event.
- Younger teams may want to take a leader with them, but this is not a rule.
The closing date for applications is Friday 25th October 2019. Please ensure that the ‘Important Booking Information’ at the below link is read before beginning your Application.
If you would like to be involved in Monopoly Run as a member of the Event Staff please register your interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indication if you are happy to help as a course marshal and/or available for start/finish.
Any Questions? You can find out more by emailing: email@example.com